The official notification for VIT conducted Engineering Entrance Examination, 2018 has been announced and the exam is scheduled to be held on April 4-15, 2018. The tentative date of declaration of result is April 25’ 2018. The application process for admissions in B.tech courses through VITEEE has already begun and the aspirants can applyfor the same till February 28th, 2018 on the official website of the institute.Candidatescan download admit cards from the official website before the exam
VIT offers B.tech in many streams such as Biotechnology, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Computer Science, Electronics and Communication, Information Technology and Mechanical Engineering.
Are You Eligible to Apply?
• Aspirant should be an Indian national. However, Foreign Nationals can apply separately through Foreign National Application form.
• Aspirant should be appearing or have passed class 12th from CBSE, ICSE or state boards. Any candidate who has passed Intermediate or two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board/ University is also eligible to apply.
• As per VIT Norms, candidates from NIOS i.e. National Institute of Open Schooling are eligible for the exam but they should produce the Migration Cum Transfer Certificate at the time of joining.
• Candidates who have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are eligible for all the B.tech (PCME). Programs while those who have studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology are eligible for B.tech. Bio-engineering andB.tech. Biotechnology programs (PCBE).
• Candidates appearing for the examination should have secured an aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology in the qualifying examination (Intermediate).
• The average marks obtained in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology (PCM / PCB) in +2 (or its equivalent) put together should be 50% for candidates belonging to SC/ST and for those hailing from Jammu and Kashmir and the North Eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura.
How to Apply?
Candidates can apply both online and offline (OMR).
Candidates who wish to apply online for the exam, can apply on the official site of VIT. The application fees for General candidates applying online is INR 1150 (inclusive of GST).
All those candidates who want to apply offline, can obtain the application form at the cost of INR 1200 (inclusive of GST) from the designated list of post offices throughout India by producing the Demand Draft for INR 1200 in favor of VIT. You can find the list of post offices on the official website.
How to Get Admission?
The admission to VIT is purely conducted on the basis of marks secured by candidates in VITEEE. Any candidate who has not appeared for VITEEE 2018 will not be eligible for admission in the college. Candidates who will be shortlisted from the entrance exam, will be called for counselling. Candidates can choose the campus of their choice based on their rankings.