April 22, 2024 14:04 (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Calcutta High Court cancels 24,000 Bengal jobs dismissing 2016 teacher recruitment panel in SSC scam probe | Congress to distribute country's assets among infiltrators: Modi's remark sparks row | Mamata Banerjee on DD News' new logo colour: 'Shocked at the sudden saffronisation' | Love jihad is spreading: Karnataka Congress corporator, whose daughter was killed, contradicts Siddaramaiah's claims | Karnataka Congress corporator's daughter killed; CM Siddaramaiah cites 'personal reasons'
Kolkata: Globsyn Skills holds 3rd National Skills Convocation

Kolkata: Globsyn Skills holds 3rd National Skills Convocation

India Blooms News Service | | 04 Aug 2016, 12:35 am
Kolkata, Aug 3 (IBNS): Globsyn Skills, a joint venture between the Globsyn Group and the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) hosted the 3rd National Skills Convocation in Kolkata on Friday to recognize and award over 1500 trainees.

The Head-Investing and Incentivizing and Head-World Skills India, NSDC, Ranjan Choudhury was present as the Chief Guest at the event, while the Guest of Honour was Dr. Subrata Kumar Dey, Vice Chancellor, Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology.

The Convocation witnessed the presence of more than 1500 students who had graduated in various vocational courses relating to IT/ITeS, banking, financial services and insurance (BFSI), security and telecom.      

The initiative by Globsyn Skills is aimed at building and connecting individuals in the world of skill development.

“This is a part of the Skill India Project initiative by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, and we are in line with that. The joint venture has been there since 2010, but we have been training since 1996 in only IT and ITeS. After the joint venture, we have diversified into 10-15 other sectors as well,” said Rahul Dasgupta, Joint Managing Director, Globsyn Group.

“Every year we train about 20 to 25 thousand people. By 2022, we will have trained more than 3.52 lakh youth,” added Dasgupta.
Presently, Globsyn holds 79 per cent equity in the joint venture, while NSDC holds the remaining 21 per cent.

According to Globsyn, the Convocation is a platform to recognise and acknowledge the vitally important role of its training partners, faculties and corporate organisations.

“There are lots of vocational training institutes like this one but many of them are not able to create a platform like this where stakeholders can engage with it. The basic motive behind such an initiative is to create a good environment. We are bringing different heads of the government bodies, educational institutions and top corporate people so that we also take into account other aspects as well while training our students,” said Rahul Dasgupta.

The event also witnessed offer letters being given away to 20 successful trainees from known corporate organisations.

(Reporting by Adit Majumder, Images by Sandip Roy/IBNS)

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.