August 24, 2026 04:30 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
‘Reservation for poor, not caste’: Stir at Delhi’s Jantar Mantar | Dalit woman 'gangrape-murder' shocker in Karnataka: 4 arrested after body found in well | India dismisses Pakistan's 'frustration' over US envoy's J&K remark | Centre denies US visit clearance to Telangana CM Revanth Reddy, says programmes 'not appropriate' | Delhi Police register FIR in pellet gun case after Rahul Gandhi's sit-in | Rahul Gandhi stages dharna at Delhi police station over CJP protest crackdown, targets Amit Shah | CJP school tour turns chaotic in Jaipur: Cars vandalised, stones pelted as Ashutosh Ranka alleges BJP ‘goons’ attack | Vande Mataram row: Kangana Ranaut slams Sharmila Tagore, says ‘come out of Hindu-Muslim mindset’ | Jadavpur erupts again: ABVP-SFI clash, police barricades shattered as fresh tension grips area | Ex-Congress MP and 1984 anti-Sikh riots convict Sajjan Kumar dies while serving life sentence

Second swine flu death reported in Delhi in 2015

| | Jan 09, 2015, at 05:20 pm
New Delhi, Jan 9 (IBNS): With the death of a 30-year-old man from East Delhi who succumbed to the H1N1 virus at a private hospital on Thursday, Delhi reported its second swine flu death this year, media reports said.

Sources said the man was critical and he was constantly on ventilator support. Eight fresh cases of swine flu were also reported on Thursday taking the total figure to 31 so far this year.

The first swine flu death of the year was recorded in the capital on Wednesday as a 42-year-old woman from Uttam Nagar in west Delhi died of H1N1 virus at a private hospital.

Sources said the health department is closely monitoring the situation and also started an orientation programme for the staff of all the 22 designated hospitals including five private hospitals.

“As per our records, Delhi has recorded two deaths due to swine flu this year till now,” said additional director in-charge of public health Charan Singh.

Singh said that the deaths taking place in the neighbouring regions outside Delhi were not considered figures for the national capital.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.