August 18, 2026 09:00 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis | Rishabh Pant scripts history! Indian wicketkeeper-batter joins elite 100-sixes club in Test cricket | BJP reshuffles top organisation seven months after Nitin Nabin's elevation | West Bengal STF arrests suspected aide of ISI 'agent' Rana Rauf in Kolkata | ‘Very hopeful’: Indian envoy Dinesh Trivedi breaks silence on PM Tarique Rahman’s proposed India visit
Bengaluru
Photo courtesy: DK Shivakumar X handle

Under-construction building that collapsed in Bengaluru was illegal: DK Shivakumar

| @indiablooms | Oct 23, 2024, at 07:32 pm

Bengaluru/IBNS: Karnataka Deputy Chief Minister DK Shivakumar on Tuesday night visited the site when an under-construction building collapsed in Bengaluru killing five people.

Shivakumar said the collapsed building was "illegal" and "strict action" will be taken against the culprits.

Taking to his X handle, Shivakumar said, "Last night, I visited and inspected the site where the under-construction building collapsed and the workers were trapped under the debris at Babusab Palya in Kammanahalli.

"It is a big crime to construct a building illegally in this way on 60/40 land. Apparently, the owner of the building is constructing the building without plan approval and strict action will be taken against the culprits."

He added, "I have ordered action against the owners of buildings constructed illegally without permission in Bangalore. This incident is a lesson for us.

"To prevent such incidents from reoccurring in the future, it will be made mandatory to obtain permission for the buildings and a team will be deployed to monitor the buildings under construction."

The incident occurred in the Horamavu Agara area of Bengaluru on Tuesday.

Five others have been injured while 13 people have so far been rescued.

The rescue operation is still underway.

The building collapse happened at a time the IT hub of the country is experiencing downpour.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.