August 18, 2026 06:07 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
BJP reshuffles top organisation seven months after Nitin Nabin's elevation | West Bengal STF arrests suspected aide of ISI 'agent' Rana Rauf in Kolkata | ‘Very hopeful’: Indian envoy Dinesh Trivedi breaks silence on PM Tarique Rahman’s proposed India visit | Shehzad Poonawalla doubles down on BJP exit, urges party to accept resignation | Tarapith tragedy: Seven pilgrims killed as hotel goes up in flames before dawn | Bengal STF nabs suspected aide of ISI 'agent' Rana Rauf in Kolkata | After SC rebuke, BCI chief apologises to NALSAR students over enrolment freeze row | Independence Day: PM Modi’s big youth pitch— AI training, free coaching amid exam row and job concerns | ‘Shakti Ki Saptadhara’: Modi reveals 7 pillars to power India’s next leap in his I-Day speech from Red Fort | West Bengal STF arrests 3 more suspected Pakistani spies in Cooch Behar

PSL will proceed as planned: PCB

| @indiablooms | Mar 13, 2020, at 04:49 pm

Islamabad/IBNS: The Pakistan Cricket Board on Friday said the Pakistan Super League (PSL) will proceed as planned.

"The match will be played behind closed doors and only event accredited personnel will be allowed to enter the venue," the PCB said in a statement.

The board gave cricketers and support staff participating in the event the option to withdraw from it.

"All players and players support personnel have been given the option to withdraw from the HBL PSL 2020 should they wish to do so," PCB said.

Pakistan has recorded 21 confirmed Coronavirus cases so far.

The following players have to date confirmed they will not take any further part in the HBL PSL 2020:

Karachi Kings – Alex Hales

Multan Sultans – Rilee Rossouw and James Vince

Peshawar Zalmi – Tom Banton, Carlos Brathwaite, Liam Dawson, James Foster (coach), Lewis Gregory and Liam Livingstone

Quetta Gladiators – Jason Roy and Tymal Mills

PCB Chief Executive Wasim Khan said: “This remains an evolving and unprecedented situation with a number of moving parts that require constant and regular monitoring."

“Today, the PCB and the team owners, as part of their duty of care, have decided to give all the players the option to decide if they wish to return home. Ensuring that the players feel comfortable remains paramount to the PCB," Khan said.

“As of now, it is important to emphasise and clarify that the main concern of many of the 10 players and a coach, who have chosen to return home, revolves around avoiding a potential situation where they might become stranded either due to flight cancellations or border closures in their own countries," he said.

Image: PSL Facebook page

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.