February 22, 2026 03:32 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Rahul Gandhi slams Modi as ‘compromised’, says PM can’t renegotiate India-US trade deal | Terror alert in Delhi: LeT may target Chandni Chowk with IED, say reports | US Supreme Court shocks Donald Trump on tariffs — but India may still end up paying more | PM Modi warns ‘AI must not control humans’ as India unveils bold tech vision at AI Impact Summit 2026 | Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid | Tata Group joins hands with OpenAI in massive AI push to transform India and global industries | Epstein Files row: Bill Gates to skip keynote address at AI Summit 2026 | AI Impact Summit: Google launches game-changing America-India Connect plan with $15 billion backing | AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit
Balochistan Bomb Blast
Jaffar Express targeted twice in a week. Photo: Wikimedia Commons

Pakistan: Six bogies of Jaffar Express derail after bomb blast rocks Balochistan, no casualties

| @indiablooms | Aug 10, 2025, at 08:42 pm

A bomb blast on the railway track in Balochistan’s Mastung district in Pakistan derailed six bogies of the Jaffar Express, media reports said on Sunday.

No casualty or injury was reported in the incident.

Muhammad Kashif, public relations officer of the Pakistan Railways’ Quetta division, told Dawn.com: “A bomb attached to the railway track exploded loudly, derailing six bogies of the train. Fortunately, there was no loss of life.”

The incident happened close to the Spezand station in Mastung’s Dasht area.

The blast occurred when the train was on its way from Quetta to Peshawar City station with 350 passengers on board.

“Security forces and rescue teams rushed to the site as soon as they were alerted about the incident, and began a search operation after cordoning off the area,” Kashif said.

“Four bogies of the Jaffar Express had been placed back on the track, while efforts were underway to restore the other two,” the official noted.

A relief train later brought back all the passengers to Quetta.

Meanwhile, the services of  Jaffar Express and Bolan Mail have been suspended till August 14, which marks the country's Independence Day.

The Quetta-bound Jaffar Express recently escaped a major disaster when the bomb planted on the railway track exploded just minutes after the passenger train crossed it.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.