February 18, 2026 01:15 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback | BJP MP files notice to cancel Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha membership, seeks life-long ban | Arrested in the morning, out by evening: Tycoon’s son walks free in Lamborghini crash case | ‘Why should you denigrate a section of society?’: Supreme Court pulls up ‘Ghooskhor Pandat’ makers
Donald Trump
Donald Trump has launched strict crackdown on illegal immigration since coming to power for a second term. Photo Courtesy: Donald Trump Facebook page

Pakistan likely to be put in Trump's possible new travel ban list

| @indiablooms | Mar 15, 2025, at 10:56 am

President Donald Trump's administration is planning to create three lists, including 43 nations, including Pakistan, whose citizens would be banned or face selective restrictions from entering the USA.

The new travel ban would be broader than the restrictions imposed during President Trump’s first term, officials familiar with the matter told The New York Times.

A draft list of recommendations developed by diplomatic and security officials suggests a “red” list of 11 countries whose citizens would be flatly barred from entering the United States. They are Afghanistan, Bhutan, Cuba, Iran, Libya, North Korea, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Venezuela and Yemen, officials told the newspaper.

The officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss the sensitive internal deliberations, cautioned that the list had been developed by the State Department several weeks ago and that changes were likely by the time it reached the White House.

Officials at embassies and in regional bureaus at the US State Department and security specialists at other departments and intelligence agencies are reportedly reviewing the draft.

Orange List

The draft proposal also includes an 'orange' list that will include nations whose citizens would face travel restrictions but not a complete ban.

In those cases, affluent business travelers might be allowed to enter, but not people traveling on immigrant or tourist visas, reported The New York Times.

Citizens in the Orange list are likely to face mandatory in-person interviews to receive the visa.

The countries in the list include  Belarus, Eritrea, Haiti, Laos, Myanmar, Pakistan, Russia, Sierra Leone, South Sudan and Turkmenistan.

After assuming his office on January 20, Trump issued an executive order that required the country's State Department to identify nations 'for which vetting and screening information is so deficient as to warrant a partial or full suspension on the admission of nationals from those countries. '

He had given a 60-day deadline to the department to finish the list.

Since coming to power, the Trump administration has also sent back illegal immigrants to their home countries, including India.

 

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.