Ontario launches virtual 2022 budget consultations
Toronto/IBNS: Ahead of the delivery of the budget in March 2022, an online budget consultation launch was announced by Minister of Finance Peter Bethlenfalvy enabling Ontarians to share their ideas for making Ontario the best place to build a career, a family, and a future.
People of Ontario and businesses had been engaged in a series of consultations by the government of Ontario throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, to keep the Province well informed about the ongoing response to fight this virus.
Being a critical time for the government to protect Ontario against COVID-19 and the newer threat posed by Omicron, it will continue to engage the people and the communities in conversations about what they want to see in the 2022 Budget.
“It is clear that while the COVID-19 pandemic is not over yet, our government will continue to make decisions that will lay a strong, stable fiscal foundation that Ontario workers, families, and entrepreneurs can build on,” said Peter Bethlenfalvy, Minister of Finance said in the news release. “We are looking for ideas that will help us continue to build Ontario’s long-term prosperity and create jobs while supporting workers and communities in every corner of our province.”
The government of Ontario welcomes people and organizations to share their ideas via an online survey, emailed or mailed submissions to the Ministry of Finance, or through a series of virtual consultations across the province that begins Monday.
The 2022 Budget consultations will close on Feb 11.
(Reporting by Asha Bajaj)