Islamabad, Apr 8 (IBNS): Fire erupted in the bathroom on the third floor of the Pakistan Prime Minister Secretariat on Monday, media reports said.
"Fire broke out owing to a short-circuit in one specific area of the PM Secretariat," a PM House spokesperson told Geo News.
The fire was brought under control owing to the timely response of fire brigades and the fire extinguishing equipment available at the PM House, the spokesperson told the Pakistani news channel.
All PM House staff members remained safe during the fire, the spokesperson told the news channel.
Following the fire incident, the PM Office was evacuated.
As per Geo News report, Prime Minister Imran Khan was holding a meeting inside the building when the fire erupted.
The premier continued his meeting despite reports of the fire, sources told the news channel.