July 11, 2020 10:53 (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Amid COVID-19 cases spike, UP govt announces lockdown from Friday night till Monday morning | West Bengal's COVID-19 tally nears 26000-mark with highest single-day spike of 1088 cases | Cabinet passes extending PM Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana till November | West Bengal COVID-19 Lockdown: German Consulate says it will restrict office presence to the lowest | 'Communist China terrorist': Tibetan cycle rally against Beijing cheers for India
Death toll in Afghanistan suicide attack incident touches 68

Death toll in Afghanistan suicide attack incident touches 68

India Blooms News Service | @indiablooms | 12 Sep 2018, 10:09 am

Kabul, Sept 12 (IBNS): The death toll in the suicide attack on a protest rally in Afghanistan's  Nangarhar province has touched 68, media reports said.

The incident left 165 others injured, reports said.

The governor’s spokesman, Attaullah Khogyani, told Pajhwok Afghan News the bombing took place in Daki area of Momandara district on Jalalabad-Torkham highway between Jalalabad, the provincial capital, and Torkham border crossing at around 1pm.

The injured people were shifted to Jalalabad Zonal Hospital, Fatima Alzahra Hospital and hospital of Ghanikhel district of the province. 

Public Health Director Dr. Najibullah Kamawal confirmed the Afghanistan-based news agency that 32 dead bodies and 128 wounded people had been evacuated to Nangarhar hospitals from the incident area. 

No group has claimed responsibility for the attack so far.

Afghanistan President Ashraf Ghani has criticised the attack.

The statement quoted Ghani as saying in a Pajhwok Afghan News report: “The imposed war on our country is totally illegitimate, and targeting civilian facilities, mosques, women, children and ordinary people is a crime against humanity.”