Three Taliban terrorists blown up by own explosives
Kabul, June 30 (IBNS): At least three Taliban terrorists were killed by the blast of their own explosives in Maidan Wardak province of Afghanistan, media reports said on Saturday.
The 203rd Thunder Corps of the Afghan Military said the incident took place in the vicinity of Jalrez district after an improvised explosive device planted on a roadside went off targeting a group of armed militants, reported Khaama Press.
The source told the Afghanistan based new agency that the explosion left at least three Taliban militants dead while two others sustained injuries.
Afghanistan has witnessed several terrorist attacks in recent times.
From 1 January to 31 March 2018, UN Assistance Mission in Afghanistan (UNAMA) documented 2,258 civilian casualties (763 deaths and 1,495 injured), reflecting similar levels of civilian harm documented in the first three months of 2017 and 2016. Those findings are detailed in UNAMA’s first 2018 quarterly report on civilian casualties in Afghanistan.
Additionally, the report noted with concern that the number of civilian casualties attributed to Anti-Government Elements increased. During the first three months of 2018, according to the report, Anti-Government Elements caused 1,500 civilian casualties (511 deaths and 989 injured) a six per cent increase from the same period last year.
Consistent with trends observed in 2017, civilian casualties attributed to Pro-Government Forces in the first quarter of 2018 reduced by 13 per cent to 407 civilian casualties (176 deaths and 231 injured). The Mission found that Pro-Government Forces caused 18 per cent of all civilian casualties in the first three months of 2018 (11 per cent by Afghan national security forces, two per cent by international military forces, four per cent by undetermined Pro-Government Forces, and one per cent by pro-Government armed groups).
During the first three months of 2018, the mission documented 142 civilian casualties (67 deaths and 75 injured) from aerial attacks, similar to the number documented during the same period in 2017. The Mission attributed 35 per cent of civilian casualties from air strikes to international military forces, 35 per cent to the Afghan Air Force, and the remainder to unidentified Pro-Government Forces.