September 24, 2020 11:27 (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Kashmir: Militant killed in Pulwama encounter, operation continues | MI outplay KKR by 49 runs in IPL clash | India reports spike in Covid-19 daily cases, tally crosses 57 lakh | Filmmaker Anurag Kashyap faces rape charge after actress files complaint | Junior Railway Minister Suresh Angadi dies of Covid-19
Haqqani network leader pleads not guilty of carrying recent attacks in newly released tapes

Haqqani network leader pleads not guilty of carrying recent attacks in newly released tapes

India Blooms News Service | | 12 Jun 2017, 12:14 pm
Kabul, Jun 12 (IBNS): The Haqqani network, who has been held responsible for the recent series of attacks in Afghanistan, has pleaded not guilty of carrying them, in a newly released tape by its leader.

According to Afghan state- run news agency Khaama Press, Sirajuddin Haqqani, who is the network's leader and the deputy supreme leader of the Taliban group, has rejected all allegations against both the terrorist organisations.

Haqqani has further said that both the Taliban and Haqqani network never carry out attacks in public places.

The tapes were distributed to media by Taliban group spokesman Zabiullah Mujahid, the agency reported.

However, Haqqani has said that they will continue to revolt against the government until all foreign forces are withdrawn from Afghanistan.

So far, during this ongoing Ramadan, over 200 people have died in Afghanistan, owing to a series of attacks.

Meanwhile, the Afghan government has resorted to their earlier claim and said that they have credible information and sources, all of which points towards the Haqqani network as the mastermind behind the attacks.