July 13, 2020 17:55 (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Supreme Court allows Travancore royal family to manage Padmanabhaswamy temple | CBSE Class 12 Board results out | Rajasthan govt stable, Sachin Pilot won't go anywhere: Congress poses confident | Rajasthan crisis: Sachin Pilot, loyalists in Delhi to meet Congress High Command | New Delhi/IBNS: India's single-day spike in coronavirus cases reached a record high with 28,637 fresh infections reported in the last 24 hours, the Ministry of Health informed on Sunday.
The Hague: Stabbing incident leaves 3 hurt 
Pixabay

The Hague: Stabbing incident leaves 3 hurt 

India Blooms News Service | @indiablooms | 30 Nov 2019, 02:07 am

The Hague/IBNS: Police are searching for a person who is suspected to be behind the stabbing attack incident in Dutch city of The Hague on Friday, media reports said.

The attack left three people hurt as the attacker targeted them on a busy shopping street.

Three minors were injured in the city's Grote Marktstraat shopping district, police was quoted as saying by CNN.

The identities of those hurt in the incident are still not known.

Several videos are currently circulating on the social media where crowds of shoppers could be seen running away after the incident.

Emma Evers, who had gone to the Grote Markstraat with her mother but got separated when people started running, told CNN: "I realized something was happening. I started running and I was in panic because I couldn't find my mom."

Emma said they could later find each other.

London: Another Stabbing horror reported

Another stabbing incident occurred in London on the same day.
The police on Friday said the man who carried out the London Bridge stabbing attack, which left two people killed, was a former prisoner convicted of a terrorism offense.  

He was identified as 28-year-old Usman Khan.

Police said he was shot dead.

Neil Basu, the assistant commissioner of the Metropolitan Police, said: "A male suspect was shot by specialist armed officers and I can confirm that he died at the scene."

"We are now in a position to confirm the identity of the suspect as 28-year-old Usman Khan (10.03.1991), who had been residing in the Staffordshire area. As a result, officers are, tonight, carrying out searches at an address in Staffordshire," Basu said.

"This individual was known to authorities, having been convicted in 2012 for terrorism offences. He was released from prison in December 2018 on licence and clearly, a key line of enquiry now is to establish how he came to carry out this attack," he said.

 The police have already described the episode as a 'terrorist incident'.

Related Images
World in Photo : july 12 , 2020 13 Jul 2020, 11:00 am
World in Photo : july 11 , 2020 12 Jul 2020, 11:58 am
Related Videos
View this post on Instagram

Erdogan's Turkey turns Hagia Sophia into a mosque again; UNESCO regrets #HagiaSophia, #Turkey, #Istanbul, #HagiaSophiaMosqueAgain Istanbul/IBNS: Hagia Sophia, Turkey's iconic monument, a UNESCO World Heritage and one of the central attractions of its capital Istanbul, is no longer a museum. It has been turned back as a mosque though some 1500 years ago it was built as an Orthodox Christian cathedral. Hagia Sophia was converted into a mosque during the Ottoman time in 1453 while under Ataturk it was turned into a museum in 1935. The decision comes amid a growing rise of the Islamists in Turkey who had been demanding that it be restored as a mosque though Opposition leaders with secular credentials had been against the move. A top court in Turkey ruled that turning it into a museum in 1935 by modern Turkey's secular architect Mustafa Kemal Ataturk was illegal, paving the way for present Turkey president Recep Tayyip Erdogan to declare it as a mosque again and to open it for Muslim prayers. Erdogan made the announcement an hour after the court ruled the conversion to museum in 1935 as illegal and scrapped its status. "May it be beneficial," posted Erdogan on Twitter, sharing an official document on the change with his signature. UNESCO regrets In an immediate reaction, UNESCO said it "deeply regrets" the decision. UNESCO said it was "regrettable that the Turkish decision was not the subject of dialog nor notification beforehand". "UNESCO calls on the Turkish authorities to open a dialog without delay in order to avoid a step back from the universal value of this exceptional heritage whose preservation will be reviewed by the World Heritage Committee in its next session," the United Nation's cultural body said in a statement. Istanbul icon of beauty and wonderment According to Turkey's official tourism website, Hagia Sophia is a remarkable achievement in the history of architecture. and a living proof of mankind's revolt against the laws of physics and it calls it a monument whose importance transcends borders. It is one of UNESCO's World Cultural Heritage sites attracting millions of visitors across the world with its majestic grandeur

A post shared by India Blooms News Service (@indiablooms) on

Erdogan's Turkey turns Hagia Sophia into a mosque again 11 Jul 2020, 01:37 pm