Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh to contribute to PM Cares Fund to combat COVID-19 | Rahul accuses Centre of not testing enough to fight COVID-19, says shining torches in sky won't help | Coronavirus: One more death, 10 new cases in Gujarat, 4 recovered | ‘Endless list’ of people from Assam at Nizamuddin Markaz event | COVID-19: SRK, Gauri Khan offer personal office to BMC for quarantine purpose |
Beijing expects to receive 70 pct fewer tourists in Q1: official

Beijing expects to receive 70 pct fewer tourists in Q1: official

India Blooms News Service | @indiablooms | 11 Mar 2020, 04:44 pm

Beijing/Xinhua/UNI:  Beijing is expected to host 44 million fewer tourists in the first quarter of this year than the same period last year, or an annual decrease of 70 percent, said Chen Dong, head of the Beijing Municipal Bureau of Culture and Tourism.

Due to the novel coronavirus outbreak, the tourism revenue in the January-March period is expected to fall by 84 billion yuan (around 12 billion US dollars), or 64.7 percent year on year, Chen said.

As of Jan 24, the city has closed 181 scenic sites and halted the operations of 3,016 travel agencies.
In the following Lunar New Year holiday, the city received 81.9 percent fewer tourists and generated 89.8 percent less tourism revenue than a year ago.

The bureau has rolled out a slew of measures to aid the struggling tourism businesses, including the granting of 345 million yuan in subsidies, and encourage some to develop online tourism products to nurture new growth drivers.

Last year, the city received 320 million tourists, up 3.6 per cent year on year, and generated tourism revenue of 622.46 billion yuan, up 5.1 per cent, according to Chen. 

Beijing expects to receive 70 pct fewer tourists in Q1: official

India Blooms News Service
Comments ()

Post your comment:

Web Analytics