SevenJackpots compare Indias most popular online casino, we love online gambling and are here to help Indian gamblers find the best casino sites with fastest withdrawal options.Ads
Less than 1% chance of Pakistan being banned from World Cup: Sourav Ganguly
New Delhi, Feb 25 (IBNS): Former India cricket captain Sourav Ganguly thinks there is very less chance of Pakistan being banned from the World Cup.
Following the Pulwama terrorist attack in which 40 Indian soldiers were killed, Pakistan-based militant outfit Jaish-e-Mohammad claimed responsibility for the attack. Since then, India has been trying to create international pressure on its neighbour through its allies around the world.
Under these circumstances, the Supreme Court-appointed Committee of Administrators (CoA) wrote to the ICC asking for member countries to sever ties with countries from which terrorism emanates.
Speaking to IndiaTV, the former stylish southpaw said: “The government has already defined the terms as far as bilateral series between India and Pakistan is concerned. India and Pakistan don’t play bilateral series... the last bilateral series was played in 2006. However, I doubt the prospects of banning Pakistan from World Cup or international cricket. It is a big thing.”
“The ICC is a separate institution, World Cup is a separate institution and I feel it is very difficult to implement this here. This is my personal view that banning Pakistan from World Cup or international cricket won’t be possible. World Cup is still far away and we will see what happens then. But in my opinion, it will be very difficult for India or the Indian government to go to ICC and ask for a ban on Pakistan from World Cup or international cricket. There’s less than even one per cent chance of this happening,” he said.
Ganguly also pointed out how the International Olympic Committee reacted to India denying visas to Pakistan shooters for the ISSF World Cup in the Capital.
The International Olympic Committee (IOC) last week decided to suspend all talks with India regarding the hosting of global sporting events after it denied visas to Pakistani players in the wake of the Pulwama attack.
The Olympic committee also revoked qualification status for men's 25m rapid fire pistol event.
In strong words, the IOC said it will not allow India to host any Olympic-related events in future unless the Indian government gives written assurance.