Ball-Tampering Scam: David Warner accepts Cricket Australia ban
Melbourne, Apr 5 (IBNS): Tainted Australian cricketer David Warner has joined his colleagues Steve Smith and Cameron Bancroft in accepting Cricket Australia's imposed ban for his role in the Cape Town ball-tampering scandal.
Warner posted on social media a message where he informed that he has accepted his ban.
Warner once again apologised to his fans and country for his act in the ball-tampering scam which hit Australian cricket hard.
"I have today let Cricket Australia know that I fully accept the sanctions imposed on me. I am truly sorry for my actions and will now do everything I can to be a better person, teammate and role model," Warner tweeted.
I have today let Cricket Australia know that I fully accept the sanctions imposed on me. I am truly sorry for my actions and will now do everything I can to be a better person, teammate and role model.— David Warner (@davidwarner31) April 5, 2018
As per the ban, he will not play international cricket for 12 months.
The Australian opener, who was serving as the Vice Captain during the third Test between Australia and South Africa recently when the ball-tampering episode emerged, has been precluded from playing for NSW during that period.
He has been banned from holding any leadership role within the national team for the remainder of his playing career, Cricket Australia said.
"The opener is however free to play Premier Cricket as well in overseas domestic competitions, subject to Cricket Australia granting him a No Objection Certificate," it said.
He had appeared in a press conference last week and apologised for his role in the ball-tampering scam.
Former captain Smith has been banned from playing international cricket for 12 months.
Cameron Bancroft has been handed over nine months ban.