Brazil legend Pele discharged from hospital
Rio De Janeiro/UNI/Xinhua: Brazilian football great Pele was discharged from hospital on Thursday after more than two weeks of treatment for a colon tumor.
The 81-year-old underwent surgery to remove the growth in September and doctors said upon his release that he would undergo chemotherapy.
He was readmitted to Sao Paulo's Albert Einstein hospital in early December.
"Edson Arantes do Nascimento was discharged from the Israelita Albert Einstein hospital this Thursday. The patient is stable and will continue treatment for the colon tumor," the hospital said in a statement.
No further details were provided and it was not immediately clear if the three-time World Cup winner had been scheduled to return to hospital.
In November, Pele said he was feeling "better every day", having been released from hospital on September 30. Doctors detected the tumor during routine medical tests.
Widely regarded as one of the greatest players in history, Pele scored a world record tally of 1,281 goals in a 1,363-match professional career that spanned 21 years.
He was capped 91 times for Brazil and scored 77 international goals.