Shah Rukh Khan completes 30 years in cinema: 5 highlights from 'Pathaan' actor's Instagram live
Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan made his fans wait for four years for a film after the 2018 release Zero. On a day Khan completed 30 years of his acting career, the makers of his upcoming film Pathaan unveiled the actor's look in the much anticipated Bollywood project, which is produced by Yash Raj Films.
In his maiden Instagram live, Khan Saturday looked back at his glorious career and shared his experiences and thoughts. India Blooms brings excerpts
1. "I do remember the first day I shot. I was shooting with Hema-ji (Hema Malini, veteran actor) for Dil Ashna Hai. It was about 5-6 pm on this date 30 years ago in a bungalow somewhere near Lokhandwala. I remember Hema-ji showing me how to do the shot..."
30 yrs and not counting cos ur love & smiles have been infinite. Here’s to continuing with #Pathaan.— Shah Rukh Khan (@iamsrk) June 25, 2022
Celebrate #Pathaan with #YRF50 on 25th January, 2023. Releasing in Hindi, Tamil and Telugu. @deepikapadukone | @TheJohnAbraham | #SiddharthAnand | @yrf pic.twitter.com/tmLIfQfwUh
2. "I have always believed to do the maximum possible work when I came down to Mumbai 30 years ago. When I did my first serial Fauji, I was driving in a three-wheeler and two ladies looked at me and started shouting Abhi (Lt. Abhimanyu Rai, his character in Fauji) and at that point, I sort of realised that this is the reason I was going to act and make people smile."
3. "The process of filmmaking is most important to me. 90 percent of my work entails that I enjoy the process of being an actor and four years ago, I stopped enjoying it so I didn't work for a year."
4. "I am very shy so there are a lot of scenes (in films) that I can't do so I request the directors and writers to avoid them because I feel awkward doing it. One of the things which is very difficult for me to do as an actor is to laugh on screen. So I try to avoid scenes where I have to laugh. It sounds very unreal. I can't do it well."
5. "I really, really like what I do. Every morning, I find it extremely exciting to go on a set and create something which I know at the end may make somebody smile, may touch somebody's life, may make a difference to somebody's day or a moment."