February 17, 2026 12:18 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback | BJP MP files notice to cancel Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha membership, seeks life-long ban | Arrested in the morning, out by evening: Tycoon’s son walks free in Lamborghini crash case | ‘Why should you denigrate a section of society?’: Supreme Court pulls up ‘Ghooskhor Pandat’ makers
Nagorno-Karabakh
Photo Courtesy: X page video grab

Twenty die in Nagorno-Karabakh fuel depot blast

| @indiablooms | Sep 26, 2023, at 08:42 pm

At least 20 people died after an explosion rocked a fuel depot in Azerbaijan's Nagorno-Karabakh region.

The blast reportedly left hundreds of others injured.

Nearly 300 people have been admitted to hospitals for treatment with officials saying many of them are in 'critical condition'.

The cause of the explosion is still not known.

It comes as the Armenian government said 13,350 refugees crossed into the country from the enclave, reports BBC.

Human Rights Ombudsman Gegham Stepanyan earlier wrote on X: "As a result of the explosion in the fuel warehouse, the number of injured exceeds 200."

"The health condition of the majority is severe or extremely severe.
The medical capacities of NK are not enough," he said.

Since Azerbaijan's seizure of Nagorno-Karabakh last week, thousands of people have left the area after the Armenian government in Yerevan announced plans to move those made homeless by the fighting, BBC reported.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.