February 22, 2026 03:35 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Rahul Gandhi slams Modi as ‘compromised’, says PM can’t renegotiate India-US trade deal | Terror alert in Delhi: LeT may target Chandni Chowk with IED, say reports | US Supreme Court shocks Donald Trump on tariffs — but India may still end up paying more | PM Modi warns ‘AI must not control humans’ as India unveils bold tech vision at AI Impact Summit 2026 | Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid | Tata Group joins hands with OpenAI in massive AI push to transform India and global industries | Epstein Files row: Bill Gates to skip keynote address at AI Summit 2026 | AI Impact Summit: Google launches game-changing America-India Connect plan with $15 billion backing | AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit
Salah Khashoggi Twitter page

Son of slain Saudi journalist Khashoggi says trusts Saudi Judiciary

| @indiablooms | Dec 24, 2019, at 10:32 am

Doha/Sputnik/UNI: The elder son of slain Saudi dissident journalist Jamal Khashoggi has said he has full trust in the Saudi judiciary after the Gulf monarchy’s court put five people on death row on Monday for killing his father.

"Today, the court did justice to the children of late Jamal Khashoggi. We confirm our confidence in the Saudi judiciary at all levels, that it has been fair to us and that justice has been done," Salah Khashoggi, a banker, tweeted.

It took the Saudi court 10 sittings to determine that the killing of The Washington Post columnist, who vanished after entering the Saudi consulate in Istanbul in October 2018, was not premeditated.

Three other suspects in the case were given a total prison term of 24 years, while three were acquitted.


Saudi crown prince Mohammed bin Salman’s former adviser Saud Qahtani was questioned but not charged over a lack of evidence. The court also tried and acquitted ex-deputy intelligence chief Ahmed Asiri. Both were sanctioned by the United States last year for having planned and organized the killing.  

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.