February 21, 2026 01:26 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
PM Modi warns ‘AI must not control humans’ as India unveils bold tech vision at AI Impact Summit 2026 | Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid | Tata Group joins hands with OpenAI in massive AI push to transform India and global industries | Epstein Files row: Bill Gates to skip keynote address at AI Summit 2026 | AI Impact Summit: Google launches game-changing America-India Connect plan with $15 billion backing | AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit | AI Summit embarrassment! Galgotias University asked to vacate stall after ‘own robot’ exposed as China’s Unitree Go2 | Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message

Intensified Saudi-led airstrikes hit Houthi-controlled sites in northern Yemen

| @indiablooms | Feb 16, 2020, at 12:31 am

Aden, Yemen/Xinhua: The Saudi-led coalition on Saturday launched intensified airstrikes against several military sites controlled by Houthi rebels in Yemen's northern province of al-Jawf, a government official told Xinhua.

"Gatherings of the Houthi fighters were precisely struck by the Saudi-led airstrikes in al-Jawf, killing and injuring several rebels in the area," the official said on condition of anonymity.
     
The airstrikes came just hours after a coalition fighter jet was downed by the air defenses of the Houthis in the area, according to the source.

No civilians were among the killed, he noted.
     
However, the Houthi-run al-Masirah TV said at least 32 people were killed in the Saudi-led airstrikes in al-Jawf.

Earlier in the day, the Saudi Press Agency reported that a Saudi Air Force Tornado aircraft crashed in al-Jawf during an operation to support Yemen's government forces.
     
It is worth noting that the Houthi rebels achieved ground progress and seized key areas from the government forces in al-Jawf during the past weeks.

The Saudi-led coalition has been fighting the Iran-allied Houthi rebels since its intervention in the Yemeni conflict in March 2015 to support the internationally-recognized government of Yemeni President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.