February 20, 2026 07:42 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
PM Modi warns ‘AI must not control humans’ as India unveils bold tech vision at AI Impact Summit 2026 | Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid | Tata Group joins hands with OpenAI in massive AI push to transform India and global industries | Epstein Files row: Bill Gates to skip keynote address at AI Summit 2026 | AI Impact Summit: Google launches game-changing America-India Connect plan with $15 billion backing | AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit | AI Summit embarrassment! Galgotias University asked to vacate stall after ‘own robot’ exposed as China’s Unitree Go2 | Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message

Houthi offensive kills 5 pro-gov't forces in southern Yemen

| @indiablooms | Apr 25, 2020, at 03:38 pm

Aden/Xinhua/UNI: Yemen's Houthi rebel fighters on Saturday launched an all-out military offensive against pro-government forces in several sites in the country's southern province of Dhalea, leaving 16 killed from both sides.

"Several of the Houthi rebels heavily attacked the sites of the pro-government forces located in Al Husha district to the western part of Dhalea province," a local military source said on condition of anonymity.

The source confirmed that the joint pro-government Yemeni forces succeeded in repelling the Houthi attack following hours of intense battles.

The intense fighting and exchange of artillery shelling resulted in the killing of 11 Houthi fighters and five pro-government soldiers in the area, he said.

More than 13 Houthi fighters and 11 pro-government soldiers were injured during the fighting that struck the northeast parts of Al Husha district in Dhalea, he added.

Last year, the Iran-allied Houthi fighters launched a series of intense armed attacks on the positions of the Yemeni government forces and succeeded in seizing key areas in the outskirts of Dhalea.

The areas in the north and west of Dhalea have been witnessing non-stop fighting between government forces and Houthi fighters for about four years.

Yemen has been plagued by a civil war since late 2014 when Houthi militias forced the internationally-recognized government of President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi into exile. 

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.