February 21, 2026 02:35 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
PM Modi warns ‘AI must not control humans’ as India unveils bold tech vision at AI Impact Summit 2026 | Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid | Tata Group joins hands with OpenAI in massive AI push to transform India and global industries | Epstein Files row: Bill Gates to skip keynote address at AI Summit 2026 | AI Impact Summit: Google launches game-changing America-India Connect plan with $15 billion backing | AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit | AI Summit embarrassment! Galgotias University asked to vacate stall after ‘own robot’ exposed as China’s Unitree Go2 | Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message

Harry, Meghan relocate to California after stepping down as senior royals

| @indiablooms | Apr 01, 2020, at 11:41 am

California/UNI:  British royal family members Prince Harry and wife Meghan Merkel have reportedly kicked start their new life and relocated to sunny California in the United States after formally stepping down as senior royals on March 31.

In their last Instagram post, the couples posted on their sussexroyal, “While you may not see us here, the work continues. We look forward to reconnecting with you soon. You’ve been great! Until then, please take good care of yourselves, and of one another.”

As a result, the former Duke and Duchess of Sussex will no longer be able to use the word “royal” in their branding or carry out official duties and have agreed not to use the style of HRH – His or Her Royal Highness along with their sussex royal handle on Instagram nor update their SussexRoyal.com website.

The Sussex Royal Foundation, which they were setting up, will be wound up. However, Travalyst, a sustainable tourism initiative launched by Harry which had been the foundation’s main initiative, will continue as an independent non-profit body.

The couple will now focus on their family for the next few months while “developing their future non-profit organisation”, a statement from their office said.

“The Duke and Duchess of Sussex would prefer that in the immediate weeks and months, the focus remains on the global response to COVID-19,” the statement said.

On January 9, the Sussex royal couple had announced their decision to step down from their respective royal duties and balance their time between the United Kingdom and North America to concentrate more on their personal lives and gain financial independence.

Image: The Royal Family Twitter page

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.