February 17, 2026 10:21 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback | BJP MP files notice to cancel Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha membership, seeks life-long ban | Arrested in the morning, out by evening: Tycoon’s son walks free in Lamborghini crash case | ‘Why should you denigrate a section of society?’: Supreme Court pulls up ‘Ghooskhor Pandat’ makers
Gunmen
Image: Representative image from UN website

Gunmen killed 3 UN peacekeepers in Central African Republic : Office of Secretary-General

| @indiablooms | Dec 26, 2020, at 11:15 pm

United Nations/Sputnik: Unidentified gunmen have attacked UN peacekeepers in the Central African Republic, leaving three of them killed and two more injured, the spokesperson for the UN secretary-general said.

"The Secretary-General strongly condemns today's attacks by unidentified armed combatants on Central African national defense and security forces, and the United Nations Multidimensional Integrated Stabilization Mission in the Central African Republic (MINUSCA) in Dekoa, Kemo Prefecture, and Bakouma, Mbomou Prefecture. Three peacekeepers from Burundi were killed and two others were wounded in Dekoa," Stephane Dujarric said in a statement on late Friday.

According to Dujarric, the UN secretary-general has expressed condolences to the families of the deceased peacekeepers as well as to the people and the government of Burundi. He also wished soon recovery to those injured.

"The Secretary-General recalls that attacks against United Nations peacekeepers may constitute a war crime. He calls on the Central African Republic authorities to investigate these heinous attacks and swiftly bring perpetrators to justice," the spokesperson stressed.

The UN head has also reaffirmed the organization's commitment to cooperating with national, regional and international partners to support reconciliation efforts in the Central African Republic.

The tensions in the conflict-torn Central African Republic significantly escalated last week amid the ongoing conflict between the government and ex-President Francois Bozize, supported by armed militias. The government believes Bozize is plotting a coup after being denied the right to run in the upcoming presidential election. 

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.