February 19, 2026 10:35 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
PM Modi warns ‘AI must not control humans’ as India unveils bold tech vision at AI Impact Summit 2026 | Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid | Tata Group joins hands with OpenAI in massive AI push to transform India and global industries | Epstein Files row: Bill Gates to skip keynote address at AI Summit 2026 | AI Impact Summit: Google launches game-changing America-India Connect plan with $15 billion backing | AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit | AI Summit embarrassment! Galgotias University asked to vacate stall after ‘own robot’ exposed as China’s Unitree Go2 | Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message

Chinese Embassy calls on US to lift visa restrictions imposed over situation in Hong Kong

| @indiablooms | Jun 27, 2020, at 04:20 pm

Moscow/Sputnik:  The Chinese Embassy in the United States called on Washington on Saturday to lift the newly introduced visa restrictions for Chinese officials over the situation in Hong Kong.

On Friday, US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said that the United States had imposed visa restrictions on some Chinese Communist Party officials for allegedly undermining Hong Kong's autonomy.

"We urge the US side to immediately correct its mistakes, withdraw the decisions and stop interfering in China's domestic affairs. The Chinese side will continue to take strong measures to uphold national sovereignty, security and development interests," the embassy said in a statement.

The diplomatic mission stressed that Hong Kong's matters are China's internal affairs and, therefore, are not subject to any external interference.

The new US restrictions have been introduced in response to legislation adopted by the Chinese parliament last month, under which the Standing Committee of China's National People's Congress will be in charge of developing a national security law banning secessionist and subversive activity in Hong Kong. The move is supported by the Hong Kong leadership but has been met by a wave of protests in the city as some residents fear their rights may be infringed. 

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.