February 20, 2026 12:20 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
PM Modi warns ‘AI must not control humans’ as India unveils bold tech vision at AI Impact Summit 2026 | Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid | Tata Group joins hands with OpenAI in massive AI push to transform India and global industries | Epstein Files row: Bill Gates to skip keynote address at AI Summit 2026 | AI Impact Summit: Google launches game-changing America-India Connect plan with $15 billion backing | AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit | AI Summit embarrassment! Galgotias University asked to vacate stall after ‘own robot’ exposed as China’s Unitree Go2 | Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message

China took aggressive stance as it felt threatened by India's infrastructure building in Ladakh: Gilgit Baltistan activist

| @indiablooms | Jun 20, 2020, at 10:41 pm

Washington: A  Gilgit Baltistan activist feels that India building the infrastructure projects in Ladakh region has made China feel threatened and it resorted to aggressive stance in recent times.

Senge H Sering, the director of Institute of Gilgit Baltistan Studies told ANI, "India is improving its infrastructure and making its access to Karakoram Pass much easier."

"That means India will be able to access G219 (China National Highway 219) from Galwan Valley, because it is very close to the watershed of the Galwan River.

"Then you will be able to cut Tibet from Xinjiang, in case India tries to move forward towards East and North.

"And you will also be able to cut the Eastern route, the second route of CPEC (China Pakistan Economic Corridor)," Senge H Sering said.

India-China faceoff in Ladakh

More than four decades after the last fatality occurred during a conflict at the India-China border, at least 20 Indian personnel were killed in the conflict with the Chinese military at the Galwan Valley, which is close to Aksai Chin, an area that is controlled by China but claimed by both the countries.

In a strong reaction to the violent standoff, Modi had earlier said his nation wants peace but can give a befitting reply, if instigated, reminding people of the airstrike conducted by the Indian Army following the Pulwama terror attack in 2019.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.