February 22, 2026 08:53 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Rahul Gandhi slams Modi as ‘compromised’, says PM can’t renegotiate India-US trade deal | Terror alert in Delhi: LeT may target Chandni Chowk with IED, say reports | US Supreme Court shocks Donald Trump on tariffs — but India may still end up paying more | PM Modi warns ‘AI must not control humans’ as India unveils bold tech vision at AI Impact Summit 2026 | Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid | Tata Group joins hands with OpenAI in massive AI push to transform India and global industries | Epstein Files row: Bill Gates to skip keynote address at AI Summit 2026 | AI Impact Summit: Google launches game-changing America-India Connect plan with $15 billion backing | AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit
Essex Police Twitter page

Another man arrested on suspicion of manslaughter in deadly truck case – Essex Police

| @indiablooms | Nov 26, 2019, at 12:01 pm

Moscow/Sputnik/UNI: British police have detained yet another suspect in the case involving the death of 39 Vietnamese nationals, whose frozen bodies were found in a truck in southeast England, the law enforcement of the county of Essex said in a statement.

"A 36-year-old man from Purfleet was arrested this morning, Monday 25 November, at a property in Dalston, east London, on suspicion of manslaughter, conspiracy to traffic people and conspiracy to assist unlawful immigration, in connection with our enquiry in to the deaths of 39 Vietnamese nationals in a lorry trailer found in Grays on 23 October," Essex police said on its official Twitter account.


According to the statement, the suspect remains in custody, for questioning.


Earlier on Monday, a court official told Sputnik that the next hearing in the deadly truck case would be held on December 13 at the Central Criminal Court in London.


At the start of November, Essex police said that all of the 39 frozen bodies found in a refrigerated trailer in an industrial park in Grays, Essex on October 23 belonged to Vietnamese nationals – 31 men and 8 women with their ages ranging from 15-44. The truck had arrived in the United Kingdom from Belgium.


Several people have been detained in connection with the deaths, including the truck driver, Maurice Robinson, a man from Northern Ireland, who faces multiple charges, including 39 counts of manslaughter.


Robinson pleaded guilty to plotting to assist illegal immigration on Monday.


Vietnamese police have reportedly arrested several individuals suspected of being part of a criminal group that smuggles people to the United Kingdom.  

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.