February 20, 2026 11:09 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
PM Modi warns ‘AI must not control humans’ as India unveils bold tech vision at AI Impact Summit 2026 | Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid | Tata Group joins hands with OpenAI in massive AI push to transform India and global industries | Epstein Files row: Bill Gates to skip keynote address at AI Summit 2026 | AI Impact Summit: Google launches game-changing America-India Connect plan with $15 billion backing | AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit | AI Summit embarrassment! Galgotias University asked to vacate stall after ‘own robot’ exposed as China’s Unitree Go2 | Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message

After lockdown ends in Wuhan, shut down imposed elsewhere in China after incoming travellers test positive

| @indiablooms | Apr 08, 2020, at 06:45 pm

Wuhan/IBNS: Even as the lockdown in Wuhan, the capital city of Hubei province and the epicentre of coronavirus pandemic, has been lifted, China has been forced to shut down other places due to the rising coronavirus cases, a media report said.

Imported cases rose to a daily high of 25 in the far northern province of Heilongjiang, after infected people crossed into China from Russia, said a Reuters report.

On Wednesday, a strict lockdown was imposed by Sifenhe city, similar to the one clamped in Wuhan.

The report said that a Weibo social media platform user wrote that Heilongjiang is "under enormous pressure" of tackling the rising Coronavirus cases.

According to the report, some 55,000 people were going to leave Wuhan by train on Wednesday while more than 10,000 left by plane in the morning.

So far, air services to Beijing and international locations have not been started yet, the report added.

The new coronavirus cases in the country have doubled as on Tuesday, owing to the people arriving from other countries.

China is maintaining strict screening protocols amid new cases rising to 62 on Tuesday from 32 a day earlier, according to the National Health Commission, the Reuters said.

This is the biggest single-day jump since March 25, while the new imported infections touched 59, it added.

Several people with asymptomatic infections have been kept under observation. The report said that such cases quadrupled as of Tuesday.

The asymptomatic cases increased to 137 from 30 a day before, out of which 102 are incoming travellers in the last batch of fresh cases.

As of Tuesday the asymptomatic cases stood at 1,095, with 358 having travelled from abroad, said the Reuters report.

The total number of confirmed cases in China stood at 81,802, including 3,333 deaths, according to the National Health Commission, the report informed.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.