February 22, 2026 01:27 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Rahul Gandhi slams Modi as ‘compromised’, says PM can’t renegotiate India-US trade deal | Terror alert in Delhi: LeT may target Chandni Chowk with IED, say reports | US Supreme Court shocks Donald Trump on tariffs — but India may still end up paying more | PM Modi warns ‘AI must not control humans’ as India unveils bold tech vision at AI Impact Summit 2026 | Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid | Tata Group joins hands with OpenAI in massive AI push to transform India and global industries | Epstein Files row: Bill Gates to skip keynote address at AI Summit 2026 | AI Impact Summit: Google launches game-changing America-India Connect plan with $15 billion backing | AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit
Covid-19
Image Credit: twitter.com/SDhawan25

Shikhar Dhawan contributes to meet requirement of Oxygen supply for Covid-19 patients

| @indiablooms | May 01, 2021, at 07:10 pm

Mumbai/IBNS: Indian cricketer Shikhar Dhawan has pledged to contribute to meet the requirement of Oxygen supply to Covid-19 patients, amid the massive surge in infections across the country.

Dhawan has said he would donate Rs. 20 lakh and the amount he would receive for his individual performance in the ongoing Indian Premier League (IPL) towards "Mission Oxygen".

"I will be making a donation of Rs. 20 lakhs, plus money from all post-match individual performance awards that I receive from the IPL 2021 towards Mission Oxygen to help fund the requirement of oxygen," the southpaw, who plays for Delhi Capitals in IPL, wrote in a statement shared on Twitter.

Earlier Australia cricketer Pat Cummins, who plays for Kolkata Knight Riders, had donated $50,000 to the PM Cares Fund which was created last year.

In a grim picture, India on Saturday reported over four lakh daily cases for the first time while registering over 3,500 deaths apparently due to the virus in the last 24 hours.

The IPL management has come under heavy criticism on social media for continuing with the cash-rich tournament at a time the country is devastated by the surge in Covid cases.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.