February 20, 2026 11:16 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
PM Modi warns ‘AI must not control humans’ as India unveils bold tech vision at AI Impact Summit 2026 | Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid | Tata Group joins hands with OpenAI in massive AI push to transform India and global industries | Epstein Files row: Bill Gates to skip keynote address at AI Summit 2026 | AI Impact Summit: Google launches game-changing America-India Connect plan with $15 billion backing | AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit | AI Summit embarrassment! Galgotias University asked to vacate stall after ‘own robot’ exposed as China’s Unitree Go2 | Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message
India-New Zealand
Photo Courtesy:BCCI X page

Pune Test shocker: Gautam Gambhir-led management cancels 'optional training' facility for senior cricketers after New Zealand beat India to clinch series

| @indiablooms | Oct 27, 2024, at 08:22 pm

The Indian team management has decided to cancel the 'optional training' facility given to senior cricketers, including Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli, ahead of the Mumbai Test after the national team suffered a shocking series defeat against visiting New Zealand.

The cricketers have been directed to attend the two practice sessions ahead of the Mumbai Test which begins on November 1.

“The team management has asked the players to be present for two days of practice on October 30 and 31. It’s compulsory and no one can skip it,” a source told The Indian Express.

According to reports, the Indian team management had earlier allowed players to skip practice sessions ahead of the start of a Test match but the scenario has changed since the squad suffered two back-to-back Test match defeats against New Zealand.

The Mumbai Test has become crucial for India to keep their World Test Championship final qualification charges alive.

New Zealand put up a dominant show on Indian soil to beat the home side by 113 runs in the second Test to take an unassailable lead of 2-0 in the three-match series on Saturday.

New Zealand also ended India's 18-series home dominance with the victory in Pune.

This is the first time New Zealand clinched a Test series in India.

After the defeat, skipper Rohit Sharma described the defeat as 'disappointing'.

"It is not what we expected. NZ played better cricket than us. We failed to respond to challenges and we sit here with that result. I don't think we batted well enough to get runs on the board," he said after the match.

After the home series against New Zealand, India will travel to Australia for the Border-Gavaskar Trophy.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.