February 21, 2026 03:04 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
PM Modi warns ‘AI must not control humans’ as India unveils bold tech vision at AI Impact Summit 2026 | Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid | Tata Group joins hands with OpenAI in massive AI push to transform India and global industries | Epstein Files row: Bill Gates to skip keynote address at AI Summit 2026 | AI Impact Summit: Google launches game-changing America-India Connect plan with $15 billion backing | AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit | AI Summit embarrassment! Galgotias University asked to vacate stall after ‘own robot’ exposed as China’s Unitree Go2 | Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message

Eoin Morgan to lead England squad in WC

| | Dec 21, 2014, at 02:38 am
London, Dec 20 (IBNS) Eoin Morgan will lead the England side in the upcoming World Cup next year, officials said on Saturday.

England selectors on Saturday announced a 15-man squad for the tri-series against Australia and India next month and the ICC Cricket World Cup.

Morgan replaced Alastair Cook as the ODI skipper.

"Selectors have made three changes to the one-day squad that lost 5-2 to Sri Lanka earlier this month. Led by Eoin Morgan, James Anderson and Stuart Broad return from injury with batsman Gary Ballancealso included. Alastair Cook, Ben Stokes and Harry Gurney are the three players to miss out from the most recent one-day squad," read an official statement issued by the England and Wales Cricket Board.

The squad will leave for Australia on Jan 6 for a tri-series against Australia and

India ahead of the World Cup. England will open their World Cup campaign on Feb 14 against Australia in Melbourne.

National Selector, James Whitaker, said in the statement: “We have had to make some difficult decisions to get to our final squad but firmly believe that the 15 players selected offer the very best chance of success at the World Cup."

Cook said  he felt "gutted" after he was left out of World Cup squad.

"I'm gutted to be left out of the World Cup squad and it is likely to take me a while to get over the disappointment," he was quoted as saying by BBC.
 

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.