August 18, 2026 11:12 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
BJP reshuffles top organisation seven months after Nitin Nabin's elevation | West Bengal STF arrests suspected aide of ISI 'agent' Rana Rauf in Kolkata | ‘Very hopeful’: Indian envoy Dinesh Trivedi breaks silence on PM Tarique Rahman’s proposed India visit | Shehzad Poonawalla doubles down on BJP exit, urges party to accept resignation | Tarapith tragedy: Seven pilgrims killed as hotel goes up in flames before dawn | Bengal STF nabs suspected aide of ISI 'agent' Rana Rauf in Kolkata | After SC rebuke, BCI chief apologises to NALSAR students over enrolment freeze row | Independence Day: PM Modi’s big youth pitch— AI training, free coaching amid exam row and job concerns | ‘Shakti Ki Saptadhara’: Modi reveals 7 pillars to power India’s next leap in his I-Day speech from Red Fort | West Bengal STF arrests 3 more suspected Pakistani spies in Cooch Behar
Jacqueline Fernandez
Image Credit: Facebook/Jacqueline Fernandez

'Why Jacqueline not arrested yet?': Court questions ED's 'pick and choose policy'

| @indiablooms | Nov 10, 2022, at 10:19 pm

A Delhi court, hearing a regular bail plea of Jacqueline Fernandez in the 200 crore money laundering case, asked Enforcement Directorate (ED) why it hasn't arrested the actor so far despite issuing a Lookout Circular (LOC), media reports said.

The court questioned why the central probe agency was adopting a “pick and choose” policy in the case.

“Why haven't you arrested Jacqueline yet despite issuing an LOC? Other accused are in jail. Why adopt a pick-and-choose policy?” the court asked the Enforcement Directorate, reported NDTV.

The court posed the question as the ED has been opposing the bail pleas of the actor stating that she has never cooperated in the investigation and made revelations only when confronted with evidence.

Jacqueline Fernadez faces charges linked to a Rs 200 crore extortion case involving jailed conman Sukesh Chandrashekhar.

It has also told the court that Jacqueline was informed about Sukesh's criminal antecedents within 10 days of her introduction to him.

The financial crimes probe agency has also said that Jacqueline is not an ordinary person but a Bollywood actor with huge financial resources and high stature and influence. She also tried to flee India while being probed in the case but failed as a LOC had been already issued, it alleged.

The actor had received interim bail earlier.

Today, the court was hearing a regular bail plea. A ruling is likely to be delivered tomorrow, said media reports.

“We have not seen Rs 50 lakh in cash in our entire life but Jacqueline frittered away Rs 7.14 crore for fun. She has tried every trick in the book to try and escape because she has enough money,” the Enforcement Directorate said, report said.

The Sri Lanka-born Bollywood actor has been named an accused by the ED in its chargesheet.

She is learnt to have confessed to receiving a 1.5 lakh dollar loan from Chandrashekhar, along with gifts that included  five watches, 20 pieces of jewellery, 65 pairs of shoes, 47 dresses, 32 bags, 4 Hermes bags, nine paintings, and one Versace crockery set as gifts from the conman, according to the chargesheet.

She reportedly also "received" a Mini Cooper car which she later returned.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.