May 18, 2026 08:09 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Big relief signal for Umar Khalid, Sharjeel Imam? Supreme Court questions earlier bail denial | Left era ends in Kerala! V.D. Satheesan takes oath as CM after UDF’s massive comeback | Drone strike near UAE nuclear plant sparks panic—India calls it a ‘dangerous escalation' | Kathak to Garba: Indian diaspora stuns PM Modi with grand welcome in Amsterdam | ‘Geography or history’: Indian Army chief issues blunt warning to Pakistan over terror support | India, UAE ink key energy deals during Modi’s visit amid West Asia tensions | ‘There can be no better Bengal CM’: Mithun Chakraborty praises Suvendu Adhikari | PM Modi adviser Sanjeev Sanyal frontrunner for Bengal Finance Minister: Report | FIR against Abhishek Banerjee over ‘provocative speeches’ during West Bengal poll campaign | Madhya Pradesh High Court holds Bhojshala complex disputed site to be a temple

Aircel-Maxis case: Delhi court extends interim protection to P Chidambaram, son Karti till Oct 8

| @indiablooms | Aug 07, 2018, at 11:29 am

New Delhi, Aug 7 (IBNS): A Delhi court on Tuesday extended the interim protection granted to former Union Finance Minister P Chidambaram and his son Karti, who are accused in the Aircel-Maxis case, till Oct 8, media reports said.

Special Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) judge O P Saini extended the relief after the counsel appearing for the agencies told the court that its main counsel is not present and thus requested time.

Last month, the CBI had charged P Chidambaram and Karti in connection with the case.

Along with Chidambaram and his son, 16 other people were named in the chargesheet.

In the chargesheet, the investigating agency said that the two sets of money trails have been discovered regarding the clearance of Foreign Investment Promotion Board.

The CBI said two illegal payments were given to Karti's firms, Chess Management and Advantage Strategic, during the Aircel-Maxis deal.

The CBI has alleged that Maxis had paid Rs. 3,200 cr to take over Aircel while then Union FM Chidambaram had powers to clear only Rs. 600 cr.

However, in the file, it was shown that only Rs. 180 cr was cleared.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.