February 19, 2026 03:55 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit | AI Summit embarrassment! Galgotias University asked to vacate stall after ‘own robot’ exposed as China’s Unitree Go2 | Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback

Yemeni journalist's death in air strike deplored by UNESCO

| | Jan 21, 2016, at 03:23 pm
New York, Jan 21 (Just Earth News/IBNS): Deploring the death of Yemeni journalist Almigdad Mojalli, who was killed by shrapnel in an air strike in Sana'a, the capital, the United Nations agency responsible for defending media freedom on Wednesday called on all sides in the strife-torn country to ensure the safety of all journalists.

“I call on all parties to make sure that journalists are able to carry out their work in the safest possible conditions, in keeping with the Genevan Conventions and UN Security Council Resolution 2222, which was adopted last year to improve the safety of journalists in conflict situations,” UN Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) Director-General Irina Bokova said.

The resolution condemned all abuses committed against journalists and strongly deplored impunity for such acts.

Mojalli freelanced for the Voice of America, the international humanitarian news agency IRIN and other media outlets, while he was on assignment in Jaref, in the south of Sana’a, when he was killed on Sunday.

UNESCO issues statements on the killing of media workers in line with Resolution 29 adopted by Member States at the Organization's General Conference of 1997, entitled “Condemnation of Violence against Journalists.”

Photo: UNAMI/www.justearthnews.com

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.