February 22, 2026 05:42 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Rahul Gandhi slams Modi as ‘compromised’, says PM can’t renegotiate India-US trade deal | Terror alert in Delhi: LeT may target Chandni Chowk with IED, say reports | US Supreme Court shocks Donald Trump on tariffs — but India may still end up paying more | PM Modi warns ‘AI must not control humans’ as India unveils bold tech vision at AI Impact Summit 2026 | Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid | Tata Group joins hands with OpenAI in massive AI push to transform India and global industries | Epstein Files row: Bill Gates to skip keynote address at AI Summit 2026 | AI Impact Summit: Google launches game-changing America-India Connect plan with $15 billion backing | AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit

World leaders condemn London attack, Trump offers help to UK

| | Jun 04, 2017, at 08:20 pm
London, June 4 (IBNS): US President Donald Trump on Sunday condemned the terror attack in London which killed at least six people on Saturday night and injured around 48.

President Trump even offered help to the United Kingdom to fight the menace.

In a tweet, Trump said : "Whatever the United States can do to help out in London and the U. K., we will be there - WE ARE WITH YOU. GOD BLESS!"

The incidents occurred at London Bridge and Borough Market when in one of the attacks a white van ploughed into pedestrians on London Bridge at about 10.08 pm, said reports.

The suspects reportedly also stabbed people and a police officer after jumping out of the van.

"They were stabbing everyone. They were running up and going 'This is for Allah'," a man called Gerard told the BBC.

London's Metropolitan Police confirmed six deaths.

“At this stage, we believe that six people have died in addition to the three attackers shot dead by police. And at least 20 casualties have been taken to six hospitals across London," Assistant Commissioner Mark Rowley told media earlier in the day.

Other world leaders also reacted to attack and offered solidarity to UK.

French President Emmanuel Macron was quoted in media as saying: "France is more than ever at Britain's side."

German Chancellor Angela Merkel said "We are united beyond all borders in horror and sorrow, but also in determination."

Spanish leader Mariano Rajoy also offered "solidarity and support" to Britain in the wake of the attacks.

Australian leader Malcolm Turbull tweeted: "Prayers and resolute solidarity are today as always with the people of Britain."

Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi condemned the attack and wrote on Twitter: “Attacks in London are shocking and anguishing. We condemn them. My thoughts are with families of the deceased and prayers with the injured.”

Meanwhile the injured have been taken to hospital for treatment.

London Ambulance tweeted: "We have taken 48 patients to hospital following the incident at #LondonBridge ."

Assistant Commissioner Mark Rowley in a press statement after the attack said: "there will be additional police and officers deployed across the Capital" over forthcoming days #LondonBridge #BoroughMarket."

He said, “The investigation is being led by the Counter Terrorism Command and we would ask anybody who has images or film of the incident to pass those to police by uploading it at www.ukpoliceimageappeal.co.uk."

“Our thoughts are with all those involved and those responding to both incidents. Those who are concerned about a loved one can contact the Casualty Bureau on 0800 0961 233," Rowly said.

“We are reviewing and planning to strengthen our policing stance across London over the forthcoming days, and there will be additional police and officers deployed across the Capital."

“I would like to ask the public to remain vigilant and let us know if they see anything suspicious that causes them concern and dial 999 immediately,” he added.
 

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.