February 22, 2026 08:54 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Rahul Gandhi slams Modi as ‘compromised’, says PM can’t renegotiate India-US trade deal | Terror alert in Delhi: LeT may target Chandni Chowk with IED, say reports | US Supreme Court shocks Donald Trump on tariffs — but India may still end up paying more | PM Modi warns ‘AI must not control humans’ as India unveils bold tech vision at AI Impact Summit 2026 | Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid | Tata Group joins hands with OpenAI in massive AI push to transform India and global industries | Epstein Files row: Bill Gates to skip keynote address at AI Summit 2026 | AI Impact Summit: Google launches game-changing America-India Connect plan with $15 billion backing | AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit

US says Syria preparing for chemical attack, hands out warning

| | Jun 27, 2017, at 06:36 pm
Washington, Jun 27 (IBNS): The USA has handed out a severe warning to Syria, who they say is preparing for another chemical attack.

In a statement, the White House said that Assad and his men will have to pay a heavy price if they carry out another attack in Syria.

"As we have previously stated, the United States is in Syria to eliminate the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria. If, however, Mr Assad conducts another mass murder attack using chemical weapons, he and his military will pay a heavy price." the statement read.

Meanwhile, Nikki Haley, US' representative to the United Nations tweeted that Assad will be held responsible for any further attack in Syria.

Haley also warned Russia and Iran of severe consequences if they lend their support to Assad's cause.

"Any further attacks done to the people of Syria will be blamed on Assad, but also on Russia & Iran who support him killing his own people," he tweet read.

Earlier, in the month of April, the US blamed Syria for carrying out a nerve gas attack, in which dozens, including children lost their lives.

Syria however has denied all allegations.

Following the attack, the US launched 59 Tomahawk cruise missiles Shayrat airfield, which according to the White House was used to store chemical weapons.

The US also lead to the death of nine civilians.

Image Credit: PHC C.M. Fitzpatrick - United States Department of Defense/Wikipedia

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.