February 20, 2026 08:33 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
PM Modi warns ‘AI must not control humans’ as India unveils bold tech vision at AI Impact Summit 2026 | Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid | Tata Group joins hands with OpenAI in massive AI push to transform India and global industries | Epstein Files row: Bill Gates to skip keynote address at AI Summit 2026 | AI Impact Summit: Google launches game-changing America-India Connect plan with $15 billion backing | AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit | AI Summit embarrassment! Galgotias University asked to vacate stall after ‘own robot’ exposed as China’s Unitree Go2 | Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message

UN-supported Yemeni peace talks entering new phase, says UN envoy

| | Jun 30, 2016, at 12:01 pm
New York, June 30 (Just Earth News): With an agreement on the guiding principles for the Yemen peace talks, United Nations Secretary-General’s Special Envoy on Yemen, Ismail Ould Cheikh Ahmed, on Wednesday announced that the UN-supported talks will enter a new phase for the next two weeks.

“After extensive discussions with the participants, the main principles that will guide the next phase of Yemeni talks had been established,” UN Deputy Spokesperson, Farhan Haq, told reporters in New York, quoting  Ould Cheikh Ahmed.

He added that the principles are based on working papers submitted by the two delegations and the recommendations of the specialized committees.

“The two delegations will use the coming two weeks to meet their respective leaderships and will then return to Kuwait on 15 July with practical recommendations on how to implement the necessary mechanisms that will enable them to sign a peace accord and end the conflict in Yemen,”  Haq said.

During the next two weeks, the Special Envoy will also meet with key Yemeni and regional stakeholders and urge them for a comprehensive solution that will address the issues discussed in the talks, and ensure the security and stability of Yemen.

On 26 June, expressing concern on the situation in Yemen, Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon had urged the delegations to prevent a further deterioration of the situation, and act with responsibility and flexibility to arrive at a comprehensive agreement ending the conflict.

Photo: OCHA/Philippe Kropf

Source: www.justearthnews.com
 

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.