February 22, 2026 08:02 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Rahul Gandhi slams Modi as ‘compromised’, says PM can’t renegotiate India-US trade deal | Terror alert in Delhi: LeT may target Chandni Chowk with IED, say reports | US Supreme Court shocks Donald Trump on tariffs — but India may still end up paying more | PM Modi warns ‘AI must not control humans’ as India unveils bold tech vision at AI Impact Summit 2026 | Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid | Tata Group joins hands with OpenAI in massive AI push to transform India and global industries | Epstein Files row: Bill Gates to skip keynote address at AI Summit 2026 | AI Impact Summit: Google launches game-changing America-India Connect plan with $15 billion backing | AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit

UN condemns deadly terrorist attack in London; expresses solidarity with UK government and people

| | Mar 24, 2017, at 02:38 pm
New York, Mar 24 (Just Earth News): Secretary-General António Guterres and members of the United Nations Security Council on Thursday extended condolences on behalf of the Organization to the Government and people of the United Kingdom for the loss of life and injuries suffered in yesterday’s terrorist attack in London.

“The United Nations stands with the people of the United Kingdom as we do with all those who have suffered from the menace of terrorism around the world. Our thoughts are with the victims and their families,” said  Guterres at the opening of a meeting of the Security Council this afternoon presided over by Boris Johnson, Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs of the UK, which holds the Council’s presidency for the month of March.

Guterres’ spokesperson announced earlier that the UN condemned the attack.

At the outset of an earlier meeting of the Security Council, the first of three previously scheduled sessions on Thursday,  Johnson strongly condemned, on behalf of all Council members, yesterday’s terrorist attack in London, expressing condolences to the bereaved families. The Council then observed a moment of silence in memory of all victims of terrorism.

According to media reports, four people died in the attack, including a police officer and the attacker. More than 25 people have been hospitalized. Reports suggest that the assailant drove a car into pedestrians on Westminster Bridge, killing two people, before crashing it outside the Houses of Parliament.

UN Photo/Manuel Elias

 

Source: www.justearthnews.com

 

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.