February 17, 2026 10:15 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback | BJP MP files notice to cancel Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha membership, seeks life-long ban | Arrested in the morning, out by evening: Tycoon’s son walks free in Lamborghini crash case | ‘Why should you denigrate a section of society?’: Supreme Court pulls up ‘Ghooskhor Pandat’ makers

UN chief condemns deadly Boko Haram attack in Chad

| | Jun 16, 2015, at 01:52 pm
New York, Jun 16 (IBNS): Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has strongly condemned a series of deadly bombings in the Chadian capital of N’Djamena which reportedly killed more than 25 people and injured dozens of others, according to a spokesperson for the United Nations.

In a statement issued earlier on Monday, the UN spokesperson said the Secretary-General extends his heartfelt condolences to the families of the victims as well as to the Government and people of Chad and wished a “speedy recovery” to those injured.

Initial media reports suggest that Boko Haram is responsible for the suicide attacks which targeted two police buildings in N’Djamena.

If confirmed, it would be the group’s latest attack in the region.

In addition to its ongoing terror campaign, the Boko Haram threat in northern Nigeria has provoked a growing refugee crisis and caused widespread displacement with an estimated 200,000 people already seeking safety in neighbouring Niger, Cameroon and Chad amid ongoing regional efforts to counter the extremist group’s reach.

On that note, Ban commended Chad for its “courageous role” in the fight against Boko Haram as part of a larger Multinational Joint Task Force and stressed “the importance of enhanced collaboration” among countries in West and Central Africa to more effectively combat the threat of Boko Haram.

“The Secretary-General reiterates that States must ensure that all measures taken to address the terrorist threat of Boko Haram comply with all their obligations under international humanitarian, human rights and refugee law,” the statement added.

Photo: OCHA/Caroline Birch

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.