February 20, 2026 12:23 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
PM Modi warns ‘AI must not control humans’ as India unveils bold tech vision at AI Impact Summit 2026 | Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid | Tata Group joins hands with OpenAI in massive AI push to transform India and global industries | Epstein Files row: Bill Gates to skip keynote address at AI Summit 2026 | AI Impact Summit: Google launches game-changing America-India Connect plan with $15 billion backing | AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit | AI Summit embarrassment! Galgotias University asked to vacate stall after ‘own robot’ exposed as China’s Unitree Go2 | Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message

Thousands of civilians in Aleppo city at risk, says UN humanitarian wing

| | Jul 13, 2016, at 02:15 pm
New York, July 12 (Just Earth News): The United Nations Office for Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) warned on Wednesday that the lives of thousands of civilians in the Syrian city of Aleppo are at risk following spread of hostilities and reports of continued aerial bombardment and shelling on civilian locations in both western and eastern parts of the city.

“The UN has reiterated its call on all parties to the conflict to take all measures to protect civilians and facilitate humanitarian access to all civilians living in Aleppo city, as required under international humanitarian law,” said Alessandra Vellucci, Director of the UN Information Service, briefing the press on Wednesday in Geneva.

“Very importantly, that included enabling the rapid, safe and unhindered evacuation of all civilians who wished to leave,” she added.

On 8 July, OHCA expressed “serious concern” for an estimated 300,000 people trapped in eastern Aleppo city, due to heavy clashes along the Castello road, the only road in and out of that part of the city.

Clashes since 7 July rendered the road impassable, severely impacting the flow of humanitarian supplies, commercial goods, and civilian movement. Price increases had already been reported in eastern Aleppo city.

Photo: UNICEF

 

Source: www.justearthnews.com

 

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.