May 22, 2026 08:43 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Big twist in RG Kar case! Calcutta HC orders fresh probe into evidence destruction allegations | Pulwama mastermind Hamza Burhan shot dead in PoK by unknown gunmen: Reports | NIA arrests Kolkata man for spying for Pakistan intelligence network | Cockroach Janta Party X handle withheld! Founder Abhijeet Dipke launches comeback account | Bengal govt makes Vande Mataram compulsory in all madrasas, extends school directive | RBI on alert! Interest rate hike may be coming as rupee crashes to fresh low | Big relief for Maharashtra employees! Fadnavis govt hikes DA to 60% | Twisha Sharma death mystery deepens as crucial evidence ‘not shared’ during autopsy: Report | Balcony Smiles, Colosseum Walks and ‘Melodi’ Magic: Modi-Meloni Chemistry Has The Internet Swooning Again | Big relief signal for Umar Khalid, Sharjeel Imam? Supreme Court questions earlier bail denial
Pakistan & Afghanistan agreed to extend their 48-hour ceasefire on Friday. Photo: ChatGPT.

Afghanistan accuses Pakistan of airstrikes in Paktika province hours after ceasefire extension

| @indiablooms | Oct 17, 2025, at 11:54 pm

Hours after Pakistan and Afghanistan agreed to extend their 48-hour ceasefire, the Taliban accused Islamabad of carrying out airstrikes in several districts of Paktika province, which lies along the Durand Line, media reports said.

According to TOLOnews, the strikes targeted residential areas in the Argun and Bermal districts near the Pakistan-Afghanistan border. While local sources told the channel that there have been damages to multiple houses, no casualties have been confirmed so far.

The alleged strikes came on the same day a Pakistani delegation arrived in Doha, the capital of Qatar, for peace talks with Afghan officials. The Afghan delegation is expected to join the discussions on Saturday, according to Reuters.

Earlier in the day, at least seven Pakistani soldiers were killed and 13 others injured in a “coordinated suicide attack” on a military camp in North Waziristan, Pakistani security officials said.

The attack occurred just hours before the planned dialogue between Islamabad and Kabul.

According to reports, the assault began when a militant rammed an explosives-laden vehicle into the boundary wall of the Khaddi military camp in Mir Ali.

Two other attackers then attempted to storm the facility but were shot dead by security forces.

The Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) claimed responsibility for the attack, saying its Khalid bin Waleed suicide unit and Tehreek Taliban Gulbahadar group jointly carried it out.

The fresh escalation has raised concerns over the fragility of the ceasefire agreement between the two sides, which was extended after days of border clashes and diplomatic tensions.
 

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.