February 18, 2026 07:30 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit | AI Summit embarrassment! Galgotias University asked to vacate stall after ‘own robot’ exposed as China’s Unitree Go2 | Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback

Suspected ISIS terrorist blows himself up in Turkey

| | Nov 15, 2015, at 09:36 pm
Ankara, Syria, Nov 15 (IBNS): Ahead of the crucial G20 Summit in the Mediterranean resort city of Antalya where world leaders have gathered to attend, a suspected Islamic State jihadist blew himself up in southeastern Turkey near the Syrian border during a police raid on late Saturday, media reports said.
The attack left four officers injured. Out of which one is seriously injured.
 
The militant activated explosives attached to his body when police raided an apartment building in the town of Gaziantep, the Dogan news agency said.
 
This comes after  Friday's orchestrated attacks by suicide bombers and gunmen in Paris, which left at least 129 people killed.
 
The terror attacks, worst in France's history since the second world war, were carried out in six locations, including  a concert hall, restaurants and the national sports stadium on Friday night.
 
French President Francois Hollande blamed the Islamic extremist group and called the assault an "act of war".
 
The Islamic State released an undated video on Saturday threatening to attack France if bombings of its fighters continue. Earlier on Saturday, Hollande said the attacks were committed by Islamic State, planned and organised from abroad with help from inside France.
 
At least eight militants, all wearing suicide vests, brought unprecedented violence. Four of them, armed with AK47s and shouting "Allahu Akbar," stormed into a rock concert at the Bataclan concert hall in eastern Paris, gunning down at least 89 people.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.