February 16, 2026 07:29 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback | BJP MP files notice to cancel Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha membership, seeks life-long ban | Arrested in the morning, out by evening: Tycoon’s son walks free in Lamborghini crash case | ‘Why should you denigrate a section of society?’: Supreme Court pulls up ‘Ghooskhor Pandat’ makers | Bangladesh poll manifestos mirror India’s welfare schemes as BNP, Jamaat bet big on women, freebies | Drama ends: Pakistan makes U-turn on India boycott, to play T20 World Cup clash as per schedule | ‘Won’t allow any impediment in SIR’: Supreme Court pulls up Mamata govt over delay in sharing officers’ details | India-US trade deal: ‘Negotiations always two-way’, says Amul MD amid farmers’ concerns
Photo Courtesy: South Korea to blare K-pops at North Korea. Photo Courtesy Wallpaper Cave

South Korea planning to blare K-pops at North Korea following recent launch of trash balloons

| @indiablooms | Jun 03, 2024, at 08:17 pm

No missiles were shot but North Korea targeted South Korea for the past several weeks by sending trash-filled balloons, creating fresh tension between the neighbours.

South Korea is planning to retaliate against North Korea's balloons by blaring K-pops towards the neighbours, Fox News 6 reported.

North Korea has sent nearly 1000 trash balloons to South Korea and even jammed GPS signals for the past several days.

According to reports, North Korea had sent them in reply to sending propaganda leaflets from South.

South Korea's Joint Chiefs of Staff (JCS) said it has detected some 720 balloons that floated across the Military Demarcation Line separating the two Koreas and fell in different parts of the country between 8 p.m. Saturday and 1 p.m. Sunday, reported Yonhap news agency on the latest balloon attack.

The balloons carried various pieces of trash, such as cigarette butts, paper and plastic bags, just like the previous balloons, according to the JCS.

"About 20 to 50 balloons are moving per hour through the air and coming down in Seoul, Gyeonggi Province, North Chungcheong Province and North Gyeongsang Province," a JCS official told the South Korean news agency on the condition of anonymity. 

No injuries have been reported so far.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.