February 16, 2026 07:29 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback | BJP MP files notice to cancel Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha membership, seeks life-long ban | Arrested in the morning, out by evening: Tycoon’s son walks free in Lamborghini crash case | ‘Why should you denigrate a section of society?’: Supreme Court pulls up ‘Ghooskhor Pandat’ makers | Bangladesh poll manifestos mirror India’s welfare schemes as BNP, Jamaat bet big on women, freebies | Drama ends: Pakistan makes U-turn on India boycott, to play T20 World Cup clash as per schedule | ‘Won’t allow any impediment in SIR’: Supreme Court pulls up Mamata govt over delay in sharing officers’ details | India-US trade deal: ‘Negotiations always two-way’, says Amul MD amid farmers’ concerns
Photo Courtesy: Wikimedia Commons

Princess Anne’s visit to Newfoundland cancelled after she suffers minor injuries: Buckingham Palace

| @indiablooms | Jun 26, 2024, at 03:30 am

Princess Anne’s planned trip to Newfoundland this weekend to mark the 100th anniversary of the unveiling of the National War Memorial in St. John’s has been cancelled.

A spokesperson for Buckingham Palace confirmed last morning that the trip had been called off after the princess was injured when she was walking on Sunday evening.

The palace said on Monday that the 73-year-old, the only daughter of the late Queen Elizabeth, had suffered minor injuries and a concussion following the incident and she was now recovering at Southmead Hospital in Bristol, west England.

A statement from Buckingham Palace says she sustained minor injuries and a concussion on the Gatcombe Park estate, but neither the statement nor the spokesperson provided any detail about what happened.

Although the princess is expected to return home this week, her upcoming engagements have been postponed and as a result Anne will not fly to Canada as planned at the end of the week.

In a statement this morning, Newfoundland and Labrador Premier Andrew Furey said he was disappointed Anne could no longer attend the weekend’s events, and he wished her a quick recovery.

Anne, the sister of King Charles, is the colonel in chief of the Royal Newfoundland Regiment and president of the Commonwealth War Graves Commission.

(Reportedly by Asha Bajaj)

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.