February 18, 2026 01:17 am (IST)
Paris mall siege: 18 people evacuated from mall
Paris, July 13 (IBNS) Police have evacuated 18 people from a shopping mall in France capital Paris where gunmen entered on Monday, media reports said.
"A police source said they had been hiding in a canteen in the Qwartz centre in Villeneuve-la-Garenne," BBC reported.
Police told the BBC the incident appeared to be an armed robbery, not a terrorist attack.
All shops located close to the mall have been shut down and the traffic in the area was also stopped after the incident.
Image: Wikimedia Commons
Support Our Journalism
We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism
IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.
Support objective journalism for a small contribution.
Latest Headlines
Ayatollah Ali Khamenei aims at Donald Trump, US forces as Iran-US nuclear diplomacy continues
Tue, Feb 17 2026
German defence minister sees easing transatlantic tensions after first day in Munich Security Conference
Sun, Feb 15 2026
Foiled ISIS-inspired plot: Two men jailed for life over planned attack on Jewish community in UK
Sat, Feb 14 2026
Germany, France signal unity in race to revive economy after discord
Fri, Feb 13 2026
Teenager stabs students in London high school shouting 'Allahu Akbar', now charged with 'attempted murder'
Thu, Feb 12 2026
