February 17, 2026 02:47 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback | BJP MP files notice to cancel Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha membership, seeks life-long ban | Arrested in the morning, out by evening: Tycoon’s son walks free in Lamborghini crash case | ‘Why should you denigrate a section of society?’: Supreme Court pulls up ‘Ghooskhor Pandat’ makers
Jordan
Twitter video grab

No casualties as result of blast at ammunition depot in Jordan’s Zarqa: State Media

| @indiablooms | Sep 11, 2020, at 06:27 pm

Cairo/Sputnik: No one was killed or injured in the result of a powerful explosion that occurred in the early hours of Friday at an ammunition depot in the Jordanian city of Zarqa, northeast of the Amman capital, the state-run Jordan News Agency (Petra) reported, citing a senior military source in the country's Armed Forces.

Jordan’s Minister of State for Media Affairs Amjad Adaileh has stated that the explosion took place in an unpopulated area at an ammunition warehouse. According to preliminary information, the blast was likely to be caused by a short circuit.

"There were no casualties as a result of the explosion that occurred early on Friday in one of the depots with ammunition under the process of disposal in Zarqa," the source said, as quoted by the news outlet.

Along with the source in Jordan’s army, the country’s Health Minister Saad Jaber has also told live on the Sky News Arabia broadcaster that no one was injured in the explosion.

Earlier in the day, media reported that the huge blast left at least two people killed and three others injured.  

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.