February 17, 2026 01:58 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback | BJP MP files notice to cancel Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha membership, seeks life-long ban | Arrested in the morning, out by evening: Tycoon’s son walks free in Lamborghini crash case | ‘Why should you denigrate a section of society?’: Supreme Court pulls up ‘Ghooskhor Pandat’ makers
Harvey Weinstein
Wikimedia Commons

Movie producer Weinstein faces 6 new sexual assault counts

| @indiablooms | Oct 03, 2020, at 02:51 pm

Washington/Sputnik: Film producer Harvey Weinstein, who was sentenced to 23 years in prison on rape and sexual assault charges in March, now faces six new sexual assault counts, the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office said in a news release on Friday.

"Los Angeles County District Attorney Jackie Lacey announced today that film producer Harvey Weinstein was charged with six additional forcible sexual assault counts involving two victims stemming from incidents that allegedly occurred more than a decade ago," the release said.

This move by the authorities is the second time they amend Weinstein’s criminal case. Initially, the authorities added three felony counts of forcible rape and forcible oral copulation.

Lacey said in the release that she is thankful to the women who initially reported Weinstein’s crimes and whose courage have given strength to others to come forward.

"The willingness of these latest victims to testify against a powerful man gives us the additional evidence we need to build a compelling criminal case," Lacey said.

Los Angeles and Beverly Hills police and the District Attorney’s Office will continue to investigate Weinstein’s case, the statement also said.

Weinstein, 68, was previously one of the most influential movie producers in Hollywood. He was accused of sexual assault and harassment by dozens of women.  

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.