February 16, 2026 09:41 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback | BJP MP files notice to cancel Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha membership, seeks life-long ban | Arrested in the morning, out by evening: Tycoon’s son walks free in Lamborghini crash case | ‘Why should you denigrate a section of society?’: Supreme Court pulls up ‘Ghooskhor Pandat’ makers | Bangladesh poll manifestos mirror India’s welfare schemes as BNP, Jamaat bet big on women, freebies | Drama ends: Pakistan makes U-turn on India boycott, to play T20 World Cup clash as per schedule | ‘Won’t allow any impediment in SIR’: Supreme Court pulls up Mamata govt over delay in sharing officers’ details | India-US trade deal: ‘Negotiations always two-way’, says Amul MD amid farmers’ concerns
London Stabbing
Man with sword attacks people in London. Photo Courtesy: Screengrab from viral video on X

Man with sword attacks people in London, arrested

| @indiablooms | Apr 30, 2024, at 08:39 pm

Police on Tuesday said they have arrested a sword-wielding man after he attacked several people, including police officers, in Hainault region, close to London.

"We were called shortly before 07:00hrs to reports of a vehicle being driven into a house in the Thurlow Gardens area. There were reports people had been stabbed," Metropolitan Police said in a statement.

"At this time we understand the suspect went on to attack other members of the public and two police officers," the police said.

The condition of the injured people is still not known.

Police said a 36-year-old man was arrested at the scene.

He has been taken into custody.

Police confirmed the incident was not related to terror.

Deputy Assistant Commissioner Ade Adelekan said: "This must have been a terrifying incident for those concerned.I know the wider community will be feeling shock and alarm."

"We do not believe there is any ongoing threat to the wider community. We are not looking for more suspects.This incident does not appear to be terror-related," Ade Adelekan said.

James Cleverly, UK Home Secretary, said he is receiving updates on the incident and asked people not to speculate or share footage online.

He asked people to provide relevant information to the police.

"I am being regularly updated about the incident at Hainault Station this morning. My thoughts are with those who have been affected & thank you to the emergency responders. I would urge people not to speculate or share footage online and provide relevant information to the police

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.