February 16, 2026 05:51 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback | BJP MP files notice to cancel Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha membership, seeks life-long ban | Arrested in the morning, out by evening: Tycoon’s son walks free in Lamborghini crash case | ‘Why should you denigrate a section of society?’: Supreme Court pulls up ‘Ghooskhor Pandat’ makers | Bangladesh poll manifestos mirror India’s welfare schemes as BNP, Jamaat bet big on women, freebies | Drama ends: Pakistan makes U-turn on India boycott, to play T20 World Cup clash as per schedule | ‘Won’t allow any impediment in SIR’: Supreme Court pulls up Mamata govt over delay in sharing officers’ details | India-US trade deal: ‘Negotiations always two-way’, says Amul MD amid farmers’ concerns
Hamas
Photo Courtesy: IDF X page

Israel confirms killing key Hamas commander and one of the masterminds behind October 7 massacre

| @indiablooms | Jul 15, 2024, at 02:39 pm

Israel Defense Forces (IDF) on Monday confirmed the killing of a key Hamas commander during the airstrike in Gaza. 

The deceased was identified as Rafa’a Salameh.

He was a commander of the Hamas' Khan Yunis Brigade.

IDF posted on X: "Salameh was one of the masterminds behind the Oct. 7 massacre and commanded over plans for the development of tunnels in the Khan Yunis Brigade. Additionally, he took part in combat support operations and defensive plans for Hamas during Operation Protective Edge in 2014."

Meanwhile, the UN health agency and partners are helping treat many of those injured during Saturday’s deadly airstrikes by Israeli forces on Gaza’s Al Mawasi area, which have reportedly left at least 90 dead and around 300 injured, according to figures from the war-torn enclave’s health ministry.

The UN Secretary-General António Guterres said via his spokesperson late on Saturday that he was “shocked and saddened by the loss of lives”.

Israeli officials said the attack had been a “precision” strike targeting top Hamas military commander Mohammed Deif and his deputy Rafa'a Salameh.

The strike took place close to the city of Khan Younis in an area reportedly designated by the Israeli military as a safe zone for civilians.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.