February 20, 2026 01:53 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
PM Modi warns ‘AI must not control humans’ as India unveils bold tech vision at AI Impact Summit 2026 | Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid | Tata Group joins hands with OpenAI in massive AI push to transform India and global industries | Epstein Files row: Bill Gates to skip keynote address at AI Summit 2026 | AI Impact Summit: Google launches game-changing America-India Connect plan with $15 billion backing | AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit | AI Summit embarrassment! Galgotias University asked to vacate stall after ‘own robot’ exposed as China’s Unitree Go2 | Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message

ISIS claims responsibility of Nice attack that killed 84

| | Jul 16, 2016, at 11:18 pm
Nice, July 16 (IBNS): The Islamic State has claimed responsibility of the terror attack that killed 84 people while many were injured during the Bastille day celebrations in the French city of Nice, reports said.
The massacre happened on Thursday when a man drove a truck into a crowd mowing several people down in what was seen as yet another strike in the European nation reeling under repeated assaults by the extremists.  
 
The French people were celebrating Bastille Day, when the incident took place in the fifth most populous city of France on is south east coast  on the Mediterranean Sea.
 
 Witnesses said that a white lorry drove over a crowd, who had gathered to see the fireworks as part of the celebrations.
 
The driver had been identified as a 31-year-old man of French-Tunisian descent while France has declared three days of mourning.
 
Police shot the attacker dead, but the man retaliated with a pistol before he went down.
 
Victims of the attack, deemed to be the second worst since the Paris attack last year, were mostly residents of Nice and tourists, people who were out on the streets to witness the grand celebrations.
 
Post the attack, French president Francoise Hollande had extended the state of emergency and also chaired an inter-ministerial crisis meeting along with the French Prime Minister.
 

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.